Only manuscripts submitted via the online submission system www.diamondopen.com/journals/ijsm/login would be considered for review unless an exception was made by the Editor to accept submission through a different method.
In order to submit a paper, an author is required to create an online account on IJSM’s website. By submitting a manuscript via the online submission process, the author accepts all the terms and conditions and agrees to comply with the policies set by IJSM. If authors have any questions or concerns regarding any of the policies or rules stipulated by IJSM, they should contact the editors and pause their submission until they receive a definitive answer.
- Microsoft word document sent in the .doc or .docx format.
- Locking and protecting a document is prohibited.
- A separate title page that includes the title, authors, contact information, affiliations, and date should be provided in order to ensure the anonymity of each paper due to IJSM’s double-blind peer-review policy.
- The main document must not contain any information that would allow the reviewers to identify the author.
- Finally, make sure to upload a 100-150-word abstract along with the full paper.
- 25-35 pages, including references, tables, figures, and appendix.
- Double-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman 12-point font.
- The manuscript should follow the style detailed in the APA publication manual. An APA-style paper includes the following sections: title page, abstract, introduction, method, results, discussion, and references.
- All pages must be numbered.
- Usage of multiple columns or other unnecessary formatting is prohibited.
- Correct heading levels must be used with a maximum of 3 heading levels.
- All references should be properly cited and correspond with the text citations.
- Unless imperative to establish the foundation of a paper, references are required to be relevant and ideally limited to a 10-year span.
- When available, make sure to include the Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) in the reference list.
Please download the template to format your manuscript:
Author Agreement Form
Authors are required to submit an Author Agreement Form immediately after acceptance of the manuscript. Author Agreement Form must be received by the Editorial Office before the manuscript is published in the journal.
The form can be submitted to the Editorial Office either as scanned images (e.g. jpg or jpeg format) or as pdf files. Use the 'Upload File' link accessible from the "Revisions" or "Review Discussions" sections.
Note: Please note that there are multiple Article Components for the needed files. Please select the name of the Component (here Authors’ Agreement Form) being submitted and then attach the pages of the form as image files or PDF files. Please submit one form at a time.